Property Buyer Considerations In 2021
Whether you plan on buying or selling property in 2021, or both, it is helpful to know what buyers are looking for in a home this year.
Buyer expectations and demands have shifted considerably of late, and if you don’t stay in touch with what buyers need, you run the risk of not connecting with a likely buyer.
At Prestige & Village, we are here to ensure you make an informed decision, no matter what your next move is.
If you want to make the right move, get in touch, and we will be more than happy to help you.
Heating Systems are crucial components in the sales process
A well-run home relies on many things but the heating system is crucial. An energy-efficient and warm home appeals, and this will help you sell your home.
The boiler and heating system is one of the most important factors that buyers consider. You can improve your chances of connecting with buyers by:
- Having your boiler reviewed by an expert to determine its condition before listing your home
- If it is in your budget, upgrade the boiler or at least carry out improvements
- Make sure you have sufficient boiler insurance coverage in place
David Holmes is the founder of the Boiler Guide, and he believes people aren’t doing the right sort of searches when looking for a new or better boiler.
David Holmes said; “Like many other services, it really is worth putting in the time and effort to explore your options for such an important investment and in many cases, you could save hundreds of pounds simply by spending another five minutes on the phone.”
He also said; “We expect the residential heating market to become even more competitive in the next few years as both existing and emerging brands are investing in renewable alternatives such as air source heat pumps and hydrogen-ready gas boilers.”
White goods are vital when selling a home
Some steps you can take include:
- Investing in new kitchen appliances
- Making sure you know which sort of appliance is best for the most likely buyer in your home
- Have all existing appliances reviewed and if repairs must be carried out, do so
- Consider the energy efficiency of your appliances
As with any improvement or upgrade, consider your budget, and what impact you will receive from your investment. We can help you present your home in the most efficient manner.
The Energy Efficiency Rating matters for buyers
Many people make buying decisions based on environmental matters these days, and this is worth considering when selling your home. The eco-friendlier your house is, the more appealing it will be to many homebuyers.
Money Super Market provides the following tips on improving the energy efficiency rating of your home:
- Insulate your loft – This could save between £120 and £225 a year according to the Energy Saving Trust
- Poorly insulated roofs and walls can be a major cause of energy wastage. But with decent loft insulation, you could save between £120 and £225 a year, depending on the type of property you have and where you live, according to the Energy Saving Trust.
- Hang thick curtains and insulate your doors
- Install an energy monitor to review your energy consumption
- Use a water-saving showerhead
- Install double glazing
- Consider solar panels
- Insulate your cavity walls – According to the Energy Savings Trust, this could save between £70 and £255 a year
At Prestige & Village, we care about our community, and supporting others. We aim to provide you with as much help and assistance as we can. If you have any property or housing questions, please feel free to contact us today.Back to inspiration